Midnight Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop by and take a load off. Have a beer or two, converse, and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Book/Novel Authors?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek
BarKeep
Derek

Male

Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Who are some of your favorite authors and why?
Back to top Go down
https://midnightavern.forumotion.com
SwaggerJagger
Patron
SwaggerJagger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 pm

^ He said book/novel authors, not comic authors.

Thomas Pynchon and James McBride are pretty good IMO. They write very well and know how to tell a good story without many boring segments.
Back to top Go down
Derek
BarKeep
Derek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Swagger - I did mean that actually, but some people read what are called "Graphic Novels" so I assume that is what Yoshi is referring to, which is fine because it is fiction, and is a novel of sorts... With pretty pictures!
Back to top Go down
https://midnightavern.forumotion.com
Captain Cadaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 am

Yoshi wrote:
Miura, I have mad respect for this dude...
He has insane dedication to his Manga (Berserk)... So much so that it's literally become his life work.
Seriously... I used to think no Mangaka could be better than Oda (The author of One Piece), but I was really blown away by Berserk, which happened to be better than One Piece, by far.
The one flaw in Miura is however, his hiatuses, which are almost as bad as the ones Togashi has with Hunter X Hunter, if not worse.

Miura would still be up there amongst my favourite mangaka. When talking about manga authors, I'd also place Buronson up there, although his quality can be very shaky, such as with the post-timeskip material of Hokuto no Ken and the latter half of Souten no Ken. Overall, I'm not really sure who I'd place as my favourite, since most of the best tend to have at least one low point. Oda has less low points than the rest, so that's worth mentioning, and Sorachi (author of Gintama) has shown a good deal of variation with his story telling capabilities.
Back to top Go down
kingstist
kingstist

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm

I'd honestly have to give it to Hiro Mashima for his complete feminism/equality in FT. I think it's the only mainstream shounen series to have as much female representation, and basically no sexism whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Captain Cadaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm

^Apart from it's heavy use of fanservice.
Back to top Go down
kingstist
kingstist

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Captain Cadaver wrote:
^Apart from it's heavy use of fanservice.

Ehh, fanservice can pretty much be found in all the main shounen series. Besides, FT has a shitload of guy fanservice as well so it isn't as offensive as One Piece or something
Back to top Go down
Skelter
Patron
Skelter

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Bentely Little, Richard Laymon, Edward Lee, Ann Rice, Stephen King, Robert Mcgamon...I am a sucker for Horror/Post apocalyptic Stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book/Novel Authors?   Favorite Book/Novel Authors? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Book/Novel Authors?
Page 1 of 1